Probiotics and our immune system go hand in hand to boost antibodies and stop the growth of harmful gut bacteria. Some probiotics also have been shown to promote the production of natural antibodies in the body. Due to their immune-boosting nature; they help prevent diseases by occupying places on our skin, in our airways, and our digestive system where the disease-causing bacteria or pathogens also compete for space. Probiotics are also involved in activation of various cells which account for 70-80% of our body’s immune response.
Let’s start with three amazing immune-boosting probiotic benefits…
- Protection from viral infection
- Numerous probiotics have been shown to fight viruses such as rotavirus, herpes, etc., resulting in fewer incidences of colds, flu, diarrhea, fever and ulcers.
- Some probiotic bacteria ( plantarum and L. paracasei) also reduce the incidence of common cold and its symptoms.
- The immunity boosting benefit of probiotics is quite a boon, not just for you, but also for your baby – By taking probiotic supplements during pregnancy, a mother may be able to pass on the the benefits to her child and lower the chances of her baby getting an immune over-reaction like eczema
- Reducing the itch and irritation of eczema
- Eczema is one of the bothersome skin diseases that causes itchiness, inflammation, dry, cracked, and scaly skin. This is mainly caused due to an immune system reaction. Probiotics have the ability to boost the immune system and prevent this skin condition.
- Probiotics also reduce symptoms of atopic eczema in infants when taken directly or by a nursing mother.
- Strengthening the immune system from within
- Probiotics can encourage the activity of vaccines and further strengthen the prevention of diseases. Intake of probiotics has shown to boost immune responses during viral and bacterial vaccinations.
- Taking probiotics before vaccination, may help in strengthening immunity in babies as well as adults.
The bottom line
Probiotics strengthen our immune system and deliver protection from various diseases.
So, boost your immune system with a healthy and safer way with probiotics!